Have you ever experienced frizzy, puffy hair in humid weather!!! Have you ever wanted to shave your hair off during humid weather!!! Do you feel like every day is bad hair day in humid weather!!! Before talking about the best hair care routine, let’s understand why straight hair goes wavy, and wavy or curly hair goes frizzy and puffy!!!
If you’re like me, you freaking love science, but only if it’s explained well. 😊 So here we go: Humid air causes hydrogen bonds to form between water molecules and the protein in your hair, which triggers curls and fizziness1. While all hair types suffer from the effect of humidity, dry hair suffers the most, since damaged dry hair can retain up to 55% water from the atmosphere, in comparison to 15% for healthy hair. After knowing this, it’s important to under the necessary maintenance tips that can help maintain our hair healthy, shiny and humidity-resistant!!
Seems like the only way to survive humidity is to keep your hair healthy and moisturized. In this blog, best home remedies for hair masks will be discussed.
- Olive oil: Olive oil is rich with vitamin E and necessary antioxidants that can help with strengthening, moisturizing and giving the beautiful shine for your hair. For better absorption, it’s recommended to heat the oil before application. Keep it on your hair for at least 30 minutes and repeat on a weekly basis. Coconut oil, almond oil, Argan oil and castor oil are also useful for this hot treatment.
- Mayonnaise: Mayonnaise contains lots of protein, which helps in softening and moisturizing hair. Mayonnaise is better applied on slightly damp hair and scalp, apply a thick layer of it, massage, cover for a minimum of 1 hour and then wash with suitable shampoo and apply conditioner. Repeat weekly! Don’t reuse on a sandwich 😉
- Egg white: Protein in eggs help strengthen and repair damaged hair. Whip an egg white with two spoons of warm water and then apply for 15-30 minutes before washing your hair. For better results, mix three eggs white, two table spoons of olive oil and one table-spoon of honey. This is my personal favorite hair home remedy.
- Avocado: Vitamin A, E and the saturated fats in avocado are very beneficial for our hair. Mash one ripe, peeled avocado and mix with two table spoons of one of the above-mentioned oils. Apply on a clean hair and cover for minimum 30 minutes, then wash it off. Again, don’t eat it with nachos…
- Banana hair mask: Banana is rich in potassium, natural oils and vitamins, which helps in protecting hair’s natural elasticity and protects from split ends and breakage. Blend a ripe banana with an avocado and add coconut oil. Apply it on your hair and let sit for 15-30 minutes before washing it off.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera can be used as a nourishing conditioner that makes hair smooth and silky. Mix two table spoons of your shampoo, one table-spoon of Aloe Vera gel, coconut milk and a half tablespoon of wheat germ, and use it as a shampoo.
- Indian gooseberry (Amla): Amla is filled with antioxidants and vitamin C, which gives Alma so many magical properties. Regular application of Amla directly on hair helps strengthen the hair follicles, stimulates hair growth and prevents hair breakage and split ends. Mix 2 teaspoons of Amla juice with 2 teaspoons of lime juice. Apply this mixture on the scalp and leave it to dry for 2 hours. Rinse off with warm water.
Other tips for your hair to overcome dryness include using shampoo and conditioner with natural ingredients and leaving your hair to air dry, reducing heat styling as much as you can, not combing your hair while wet, and protecting your hair from chlorinated water by rinsing your hair before and after each swimming session.
Have a great, shiny and silky hair all year-long. Stay Bella